Tuesday, March 15, 2011

going to the chapel

Sorry for the unexpected hiatus, but I got engaged recently! Basically I've been suffering from a severe case of future-bride brain. I wake up thinking (read as: "obsessing") over guest lists and go to bed considering (read as: "freaking out about") venues. Despite bridal brain, I'm extremely happy and so excited to be fortunate enough to have found my match in my partner, Eddie. He's my best friend, my biggest cheerleader, my butt-kicker, and the love of my life. So, hurray!
What this means for Out of the Loop...well, it means that I may not update as frequently, but it also means I have a new set of challenges ahead: how to create a ecologically and financially sound, homegrown type wedding. We've already decided that we'd like to try to make as many of our decorations as possible and  using local, in season food as well as herbs and flowers for bouquets. We've talked about buying vases and jars from thrift/vintage stores instead of renting or buying new ones. Since we're getting married in CA, some folks are going to have to fly or drive, but maybe we can look up some carbon off-setting stuff.
And this on top of still striving to live organically, intelligently, and consciously in our day to day.

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. wow, sounds challenging, but VERY VERY exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything I can do to help, lemme know - I've been doing in waking/obsessing - sleeping/freaking thing for months now, I totally understand! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want help making pretty crafted stuff... well tha'ts kinda my thing. I'd love to go out thrifting with you!! We can bring the munchkin along for entertainment:)

    ReplyDelete